We have over 30 years experience in shipping personal effects worldwide.
Transporting personal effects internationally requires thorough planning and there are many things to consider. Our teams are happy to assist you with all customs formalities and travel arrangements to ensure the transport goes as smoothly as possible.
Click on the subject to find out more:
- An inventory list with global description of the contents of the boxes, add ‘no commercial value, value for customs only’ + declared value and your signature.
- A copy of your passport.
- Detailed address and telephone number in Belgium and at destination.
- Your shipment must be packed to be able to withstand transportation. We advise you to use proper inner and outer packaging (solid boxes or suitcases can be used).
- We can put your boxes on pallets and wrap them with plastic foil for you.
- All packages must show the receiver’s name and full address (same as on the Air Waybill).
Our acceptance of Dangerous Goods is in accordance with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and International Rules and Regulations. We reserve the right to refuse any shipment that could possibly contain undeclared or improperly prepared Dangerous Goods. If a consignment includes dangerous goods, such goods must be offered separately and must be clearly indicated on the Air Waybill.
The following are examples of dangerous goods that must be declared :
- Flammable liquids such as oil-based paint and thinners - flammable solids
- Industrial solvents, Insecticides, garden chemicals (fertilizers, poisons)
- Automobile batteries - Lithium batteries (computers, mobile phones etc. may contain lithium batteries)
- Magnetized materials
- Machinery (chain saws, outboard engines containing fuel or that have contained fuel)
- Fuel for camp stoves, lanterns, torches or heating elements
- Any compound, liquid or gas that has toxic characteristics - infectious substances
Additional charges apply when shipping dangerous goods. These fees vary by the amount of restricted articles being shipped as well as by the destination.
If requested, we provide customs clearance for you.
Once cleared through customs, we can arrange delivery to your home.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions and want to get a quote